By George Duran
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 onion
- 6 cubes of Dorot Gardens Parsley
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place 2 to 3 large layers of paper towels on a cutting board and begin grating potatoes and onion on top. Pick up the grated potatoes and onion and with the paper towel into a large ball and gently squeeze out liquid, trying not to rip through the paper towel. Place the grated potatoes and onion in a large bowl. Repeat as needed until all of the potatoes and onions are grated and squeezed.
- In a small bowl microwave Dorot Gardens parsley cubes and olive oil for 1 minute. Once cooled, add eggs and beat. Pour eggs into grated potatoes and use a fork to combine. Season with salt 1 tsp. salt.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet, about 1/4 inch deep. Once the oil begins to shimmer (about 325F-350F) take a small handful of the potato mixture and flatten it out on the palm of your hand, making sure they are binding. Place them carefully in the hot oil and fry on each side until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Keep an eye on the oil temperature and adjust heat as needed to prevent latkes from burning or under-cooking.
- Season with more salt and pepper as needed and serve with apple sauce and sour cream.